A simple way to learn a little more about depression and anxiety

Depression and anxiety are a huge issue for many people, and I myself have been diagnosed with both.

However, there's still so much misunderstanding around the topic of mental health, and that's why I'm so passionate about talking about it.

The more we talk about mental health, the more we as a society will understand and the more we can help those around us who are struggling.

One of the ways I love to learn about new things and broaden my horizons is through listening to podcasts, and I wanted to share a couple of episodes of one of those podcasts.


Ladies Who Lunch is a podcast hosted by YouTubers Ingrid Nilsen and Cat Valdes, on which they focus on a different topic each week. They've covered politics, friendships, relationships, sexuality and makeup.

They're two close friends having a chat, openly discussing topics people often shy away from, or don't know how to talk about. I absolutely love their honesty, and within the last six months or so they've covered a number of mental health topics.


If you're looking to get a bit more understanding of depression and anxiety, either because you're struggling yourself or know someone who is, I think the two episodes linked below are well worth a listen.

They provide a great, well-rounded introduction to the conditions, with both Ingrid and Cat sharing their own experiences candidly.

They discuss how differently the conditions can present in different people, the huge range of triggers people experience and the reason why they speak out about their experiences.

There is also open, frank discussion about therapy and medication, and why they each chose the routes they did, and how those choices affected them.


Here are the two episodes I'm talking about:

Episode 33: Attacking Your Anxiety

Episode 46: Dealing With Depression


I hope these help in some way, or just open your eyes to the experiences of more people.

I'm so encouraged by the amount of people who are speaking up about conditions like anxiety and depression, and will continue doing all I can to make sure I don't stay quiet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Reading List #7

Writing fiction as a way to move forwards.

The Reading List # 5