The Recipe Post #16: Naan pizzas

You know when people make a homemade version of a takeaway or unhealthy favourite and claim it tastes better or as good as the original?

I usually roll my eyes at those claims, but I've found something which, while it tastes different to the traditional recipe, is still so satisfying and definitely fits the craving.

Naan bread pizzas are now one of my go-to meals if I need something quick and simple, and I wish I could just eat a pizza.

While it's not necessarily 'healthy', it's a lot better for you than plenty of store-bought pizzas, and you know exactly what you're putting into your sauce.




I combined a naan pizza recipe from food.com with an easy pizza sauce recipe from allrecipes.co.uk, played around with the quantities, and here is the result:


For the sauce, you will need:
90g tomato puree
2.5 tbsp olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
salt and pepper
1/4 tbsp each oregano and basil
1/4 tsp rosemary
up to 150ml water

Mix well the puree and oil, then add garlic, salt and pepper and herbs. Slowly add the water, bit by bit, until you reach your desired consistency. I usually don't use the entire 150ml.




To make the pizzas, take a couple of naan breads - there's enough sauce here for two to four, depending on the size and how much sauce you like.

Spread the sauce onto the naan breads, add toppings of your choice (I usually go for cheese and spinach) and bake in the oven at about 200C for 7-9 mins.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing fiction as a way to move forwards.

Clicking 'Reply'

The Reading List #7