The Recipe Post #8: Meatballs with Feta

Recently, I've been getting into cooking again and have been trying to test out new recipes regularly. So it seems only right that some of these recipe posts return to the blog!

Last week I took inspiration from Joe Wicks' first 'Lean in 15' cookbook, planning to make the 'Turkey Meatballs with Feta'.

Joe's recipe, I suppose for speed, called for ready made turkey meatballs, of which there were none in the supermarkets near home, so I adapted the recipe with beef meatballs.


After (mostly) cooking the meatballs - beef of course needed more cooking time than the turkey meatballs would have done - I chopped red onion, yellow pepper, green pepper and courgette. 

Into the pan they went, and were joined by the beef brisket meatballs.

Once the veggies were beginning to get to tender, I added a tin of chopped tomatoes and let it all simmer.

We actually made some sweet potato fries to accompany the meal, as it was to stretch between three of us (I doubled the recipe, which serves one, and we still had plenty!)

Once served in bowls, I topped with the feta and fresh parsley and we were done.

It took longer than 15 minutes of course, because of the beef meatballs needing to be cooked for about 20 minutes first, but there's no denying this meal was incredibly easy to make, and the feta was a great addition I probably wouldn't have thought of when making this kind of meal.

I'll definitely be making it again, thanks Joe!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing fiction as a way to move forwards.

Clicking 'Reply'

The Reading List #7