Hello, June

May was about realising when I need a break.

The week in Kent was a bit of a wake up call, reminding me how important it is sometimes to switch off from everything.

The month ended with a beautiful evening at Lambeth Palace for a masquerade ball.

And what about this month?

The theatre trips are back, for a start, which is good because I'm having withdrawal symptoms! My dad's coming to visit so we can head to Funny Girl, and I'm also seeing Titanic the Musical later in the month. I saw an amateur production of it a few years ago and was really impressed, so I'm looking forward to seeing it in the West End, complete with one of my sister's friends as a cast member.

There are films lined up that I want to see, including the new X Men and Race, plus the excitement of looking forward to my birthday month in July.

I want June to be about enjoying the things I have lined up whilst remembering what I took away from Kent: the need to slow my mind down and try and actually relax in a way that's not just zoning out in front of the tv.

Hopefully the weather will realise that June is supposed to be nice, rather than the storms from yesterday which were just miserable!

June, let's make it a good one.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing fiction as a way to move forwards.

Clicking 'Reply'

The Reading List #7