Hello, May 2016

The fifth month of the year has already joined us.

As I always say, the past month has flown by.

April began with the most beautiful, sunny weekend in Hertfordshire. I finally went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour, and had a day out at Paradise Wildlife Park. De Vere Theobalds Park Hotel was the setting for the weekend, and I had the most relaxing, wonderful time.

Later in the month, my wonderful friend Laura RAN THE LONDON MARATHON. I'm so, so proud of her, and was tracking her throughout the whole course, getting a little emotional when she'd done it.

I also saw Disney's stunning new adaptation of The Jungle Book, and had plenty of lovely, relaxed meals out.

It was an action-packed month, as usual, with these things joined by a busy month at work, and the final appointment of my 6-week intensive counselling course for my anxiety.

In amongst all that, the month has just slipped by.

May looks set to be a good one, too.

I've got a few plans and evenings out coming up, followed by a whole week at the seaside in Kent, taking a real break from everything to just slow down and relax in amazing company.

My parents are off on an incredible trip to Sri Lanka to celebrate THIRTY years of marriage, and I can't wait to hear about their adventures (and get a bit jealous). My sister spent most of April in Indonesia visiting monkeys and Komodo dragons and volcanoes, so maybe I need to up my game!

Hopefully May will bring some sunny days, as I'm struggling with the fact the weather just can't make up its mind what to do at the moment!

I'm ready for you, May. Welcome.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing fiction as a way to move forwards.

Clicking 'Reply'

The Reading List #7