La Tasca, West India Quay

One thing I love about London is finding those pockets that don’t feel like you’re in a big city at all.

Canary Wharf during the week is so busy, but at the weekend all is calm.

West India Quay is an area that reminds me a lot of Liverpool, and house some great restaurants along the river.

A couple of weeks ago my dad came to visit, and we headed over that way to sit in the sunshine outside La Tasca, West India Quay.


It was my first La Tasca trip, and although I’m not able to eat widely at the moment because of what’s been going on with my anxiety, the trip confirmed I need to return as soon as I’m eating more again!


Between three of us we ordered six dishes to share which was a good amount, we’d maybe have added one more if my appetite was at its normal levels.

The menu is extensive and varied, and I was really impressed by the price for the quantity and quality of food we received.


We ordered:
  • Pan Del Ajo (garlic toasted breads)
  • Triple Cooked Patatas Bravas
  • Calamares
  • Goat’s Cheese and Smoked Tomato Ensalada
  • Gambas Pil Pil (king prawns in garlic, chilli and oil)
  • Brocheta De Pollo (skewered chicken, pepper and onion in a secret glaze)



The food all came quickly, and the smell was incredible.

Every dish was so vibrant and clearly very fresh. All three of us were very happily satisfied by the end of the meal.

I know La Tasca is a firm favourite of so many people, and I’m looking forward to going back when I’m ready to try more menu items.

What are your dishes of choice?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Writing fiction as a way to move forwards.

Clicking 'Reply'

The Reading List #7