The Recipe Post #17: Garlic butter salmon in foil packets

Recipe time again, and this time it's another salmon recipe because it's still one of my favourite ingredients. I was lucky enough to have this made for me (after it had sat in my notebook waiting to be made for ages) which I'm sure made it taste even better!

I found the original recipe on littlespicejar.com, and we paired the salmon with simple veggies and some sweet potato mash.

To say this was a flavour sensation certainly wouldn't be an exaggeration. It was absolutely delicious and will definitely be on the 'make again' list.



For the salmon, you will need:

  • 4 salmon fillets (or, in the original recipe, 1.25 lb salmon)
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • salt and black pepper
  • 1/4 tsp Italian seasoning
  • 2 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp cold butter, cubed
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Preheat the oven to 375F.

In a pan, combine lemon juice and minced garlic, then when reduced a little, add in 1 tbsp butter. Remove from heat and swirl to start to melt butter. Place back on heat a few seconds then repeat. Repeat with the rest of the butter then leave off the heat.

Place the salmon fillets on foil and brush with the garlic butter sauce, followed by all of the other seasonings. Seal up the foil packets and back in the over for 12 to 14 mins.


Serve with sides of your choice - we kept it simple because the salmon speaks for itself!

Let me know if you spot any other salmon recipes I need to try... at the moment pesto is still my favourite accompaniment, you can find that recipe here.

Sophie x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Reading List #7

Writing fiction as a way to move forwards.

The Reading List # 5